CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

District President Travels & Official Visits


It has been a busy couple of months for your humble District President! In January, I traveled to Springfield, MO to visit alumnae and participate in Province Wide Officer Training (PWOT). I enjoyed a delicious coffee at a local hangout in Springfield and had a great conversation with the President and PR/Historian of the Springfield alumnae chapter. When the President and I got back to her house, we chatted until the wee hours of the morning and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company! PWOT was an excellent day for everyone, and I assisted with the PR/Image session for collegians. I met with the Zeta Day Chair-women, and I also enjoyed spending time with other alumnae I do not see very often.

In February I met with KC Metro alumnae EC officers for a great officer training session. We all brought salad toppings to make our own salad bar buffet, and we covered a broad range of topics that included the Crown Chapter Award, ZTAF contributions, alumnae recruitment and retention, programming and service. KC Metro officers have created useful and attractive notebooks to assist them and the future officers to follow in their footsteps.

In March I stayed closer to home (literally, since I hosted the meeting at my house) for the Lawrence, KS Area chapter visit. The chapter elected its new EC officers for 2009-10 and enjoyed some delicious brunch items. They have had a food/cooking theme all year, so members who attend meetings with food take home a couple of recipes for the things that they sample! I talked about Zeta Day and showed the philanthropy recruitment video and parts of the new member education video.

In April I am headed to St. Louis for Zeta Day, and in July I will travel to Indianapolis for National Leadership Conference. My ZTA travels are a fun way to connect with my Zeta sisters and serve the fraternity that I love dearly.

0 comments: